The Department of Philosophy is a constituent of the Faculty of Liberal Arts - Humanities and Social Sciences. It incorporates teaching and research activities in the areas of Humanities and Social Sciences through academic programs, projects, publications, and events. It is resolved to create an academic platform for philosophical practice in a diverse academic and professional environment.
The Department has brought out a couple of scholarly translations and publications and is conducting interdisciplinary researches in the areas of philosophy, literature, digital humanities and computational linguistics. With a team of young faculty members - who are the? beneficiaries of globally prestigious Erasmus Plus teaching mobility and Raman Charpak research fellowships at European universities, it offers two Master’s Program in Indian Philosophy?and Sanskrit Studies. It also offers one year Postgraduate Diploma in Indian Philosophy and Sanskrit Studies, as of 2021. It also offers a variety of elective/certificate courses in multiple areas of Humanities at other MAHE constituent units.?
- To develop intellectual resources through interdisciplinary studies and research
- To collaborate and foster academic exchanges with international institutions
- To promote dialogue between Indian and western knowledge systems
- To create an interface between classical and contemporary India and its traditions
- To nurture ethical and intellectual climate through philosophical practices
Ongoing research project - MAHE Mahabharata